Donald Trump announced nominees for the following Cabinet-level positions:
- Ben Carson – Secretary of Housing & Urban Development
- Linda McMahon – Administrator of Small Business Administration
- Andy Puzder – Secretary of Labor
- Gen. John Kelly – Secretary of Homeland Security
73 new Agency Landing Team members were announced over the past week, and Trump stated that he will announce his Secretary of State nominee this week.
See the full list of Trump Transition & Administration members here.
- The 114th Congress came to a close on Friday, December 9th after passing a Continuing Resolution and the Water Resources Development Act.
- The House and Senate also passed the 21st Century Cures Act during the lame duck.
- The Trump Era will begin on January 3rd when the 115th Congress comes into session.
Download the 2017 Congressional Calendar here.
First 100 Days Preview
- The 115th Congress’s first move will be to pass the FY17 Budget with reconciliation instructions that repeal Obamacare. This will not include a replacement.
- The Senate will then turn its attention to nominations before working on the FY18 budget, which will include reconciliation instructions to reform the tax code and potentially infrastructure policy or policy impacting Dodd-Frank. Action on a border security bill is also likely.
- Per President-elect Donald Trump’s vision, at the end of the first 100 days, there is potential for an Obamacare repeal, Senate approval of Trump nominees, tax reform, infrastructure spending, and a border security measure.
Follow the Top Trump Agenda Items here.